Benefits of Using Promoted Tweets and Followers for Student RecruitmentBLOG POST
Twitter is one of the top social media venues you can use to promote your university and increase student enrollment. As the marketing manager or member of the university marketing department, you’re already aware of the importance of social media marketing for reaching today’s potential student group. With a UK user membership topping 10 million as of August 2013, Twitter is a smart choice for universities that wish to get the most out of their student recruitment period.
Benefits of Using Promoted Tweets and Followers for Student Recruitment
Twitter is one of the top social media venues you can use to promote your university and increase student enrollment. As the marketing manager or member of the university marketing department, you’re already aware of the importance of social media marketing for reaching today’s potential student group. With a UK user membership topping 10 million as of August 2013, Twitter is a smart choice for universities that wish to get the most out of their student recruitment period. The time to get involved with this trend is now; by the year 2017, there will be 14 million people in the UK actively tweeting. Promoted tweets will provide your university with many worthwhile benefits as you endeavor to maximize the student recruitment period.
Maximize Student Recruitment with Promoted Tweets Benefits
- Capture Your Intended Audience’s Attention.Log onto Twitter at any given moment and just watch the screen. Within seconds you’ll see that hundreds or thousands of new Tweets have been posted. Imagine trying to compete with that kind of traffic. Promoted Tweets ensures that what you’ve got to say remains in a prominent location to gain greater access to Twitter users and garner more of your intended audience’s attention. A prominent place on Twitter’s feed puts you above the competition while maintaining a front and center position with your audience.
- Increase Followers of the University.If you’ve ever tried to increase your university’s base of Twitter followers, you know that a lot more work goes into the process than anyone realizes. With promoted Tweets, Twitter works on your behalf to extend your reach to other Twitter users who interact and behave in a manner similar to your followers. As these other users are identified, Twitter will ensure that your promoted Tweets appear in their news feeds as well.
- Target Specific User Groups.There will be times when you want to Tweet to your entire following and other times when it’s wiser to converse with a specific group. Twitter’s targeted Tweets allow your university to reach potential students in specific geographic locations when you want to promote student recruitment events and other happenings.
- Promote in a Targeted Way.One of the smartest components of promoted Tweets is the ability to pick up on the keywords of other users. For instance, your university can choose to target specific keywords like “UCAS”, “clearing” or “A-levels”. When Twitter users include your specific keywords in a Tweet, your promotion will reach them and encourage these individuals to reach out to your university via clearing. To take it one step further, in addition to targeting specific keywords, you can also target users according to the type of mobile device they use for Twitter.
- Create Some Buzz, Generate Activity, Gain Attention.An additional way to gain attention and increase your student conversion rate is to generate some buzz with promoted trends. Create a new hashtag or start a new conversational trend on Twitter with this promotional tool. As your Tweet spreads, you university will benefit from the increased traffic to the university website. An online marketing agency can assist you in determining the most effective trend to capitalize on for your promoted Tweet.
Promoted Tweets in Laymen’s Language
Promoted Tweets are an effective marketing and advertising method geared toward specific demographics. Serving as an amplified, engaging conversation with specific Twitter users, promoted Tweets multiply your following and extend your reach. Rather than sending a Tweet out into cyberspace and hoping for the best, a promoted Tweet reaches your potential student recruitment targets and continues reaching well beyond that.
The ability to change Tweets as needed and increase followers substantially are added benefits your university can enjoy when using the services of an online marketing agency. One of our recent university clients increased by 2000 followers in a single day as the result of using promoted Tweets. Because exposure for your university makes all the difference during clearing and recruitment, it’s vital that your marketing department makes the most of the tools available. Work with a digital marketing agency as your ally for better student recruitment to see enrollment numbers go up along with funds. The benefits of doing so make this a marketing investment your university must incorporate before and during student recruitment periods.
GET IN TOUCH
GET IN TOUCH
If you would like to discuss any of our services and how we can help you, then please get in touch.
Touchpoint is effective, successful and great to work with. We were looking to increase awareness surrounding our Computer Science course; Touchpoint responded promptly and followed up with a plan of action. The campaign was a wonderful success, with a 70% increase in applications. We will continue to develop our relationship with them.
Touchpoint was appointed to run our summer recruitment marketing campaign. They demonstrated a robust and insightful understanding of our target market and provided innovative and creative approaches to reaching audiences successfully. With their flexible, reactive attitude and personable, professional customer service, they have proven to be a pleasure to work with.
I’ve worked with Touchpoint Digital for two years and they have always been a great source of knowledge and advice in planning and running effective digital communications campaigns. Professional (yet friendly) and always happy to help. They know their stuff too - as our campaign measurements prove.
Having worked for many years, over many campaigns, with Touchpoint Digital, I have no hesitation in recommending them to colleagues in the HE sector. The team is a pleasure to deal with – extremely skilled, helpful and flexible in their approach. Their account management is excellent. I have found them to be accommodating and helpful even after the end of a contract, which is something I have greatly appreciated. Touchpoint Digital are proactive in bringing new ideas, trends and innovations to the attention of clients and their knowledge of digital marketing in HE are second to none.
I have worked with Touchpoint Digital for almost 3 years supporting SAE Institute on a number of digital and print campaigns. The team are professional, responsive and always on top of the latest trends/tech to enhance our marketing campaigns.