Top Tips for Postgraduate MarketingBLOG POST
The number of students interested in postgraduate education has declined over the years. How do you increase the potential for them applying to your University?
Top Tips for Postgraduate Marketing
The number of students interested in postgraduate education has declined over the years. How do you increase the potential for them applying to your University? Postgraduate student recruitment is more competitive than ever with a decrease in enrolments of 49,280 since 2010/11 compared with 2013/14. This is mainly due to the rise in tuition fees and the decline in undergraduate enrolments. So here’s how to stand out when promoting your postgraduate courses online.
Three areas to consider are.
- Despite dissertation deadlines looming students typically consider postgraduate courses closer to the end of their final academic year when considering their options after finishing their undergraduate course. Either choosing employment or a postgraduate course.
- With postgraduate applications not centralized, for students, the application system and deadlines vary from different universities and courses. This can be quite confusing, make it clear when the deadlines are for students to see if they have enough time to consider enrolling before the deadline.
- The best way to get more students to continue their education is addressing the benefits to their future career prospects. This can also attract graduates in work who want to further their career or have a switch in career path with a part-time or full-time course.
- A call to action is a great way to get people actively involved by encouraging them to take an action, for example “apply now for our postgraduate open day”. This works especially well for search engine marketing when a person searches for an exact course they know they would like to enroll on but are not sure which university to study with.
- Focusing on a specific demographic with relevant interest and educational position for a certain course is key when targeting the right people. This can help spend the budget on relevant clicks from an audience that is more likely to make an enquiry or application. Targeting Undergraduate students and recent graduates increases the chance of an application, a filter that is featured on certain social media channels.
- Using a filter for a specific age group can also increase activity and make sure your university doesn’t show for a completely irrelevant audience, which might not be able to apply for a postgraduate course at all, e.g. secondary school students.
GET IN TOUCH
GET IN TOUCH
If you would like to discuss any of our services and how we can help you, then please get in touch.
Touchpoint is effective, successful and great to work with. We were looking to increase awareness surrounding our Computer Science course; Touchpoint responded promptly and followed up with a plan of action. The campaign was a wonderful success, with a 70% increase in applications. We will continue to develop our relationship with them.
Touchpoint was appointed to run our summer recruitment marketing campaign. They demonstrated a robust and insightful understanding of our target market and provided innovative and creative approaches to reaching audiences successfully. With their flexible, reactive attitude and personable, professional customer service, they have proven to be a pleasure to work with.
I’ve worked with Touchpoint Digital for two years and they have always been a great source of knowledge and advice in planning and running effective digital communications campaigns. Professional (yet friendly) and always happy to help. They know their stuff too - as our campaign measurements prove.
Having worked for many years, over many campaigns, with Touchpoint Digital, I have no hesitation in recommending them to colleagues in the HE sector. The team is a pleasure to deal with – extremely skilled, helpful and flexible in their approach. Their account management is excellent. I have found them to be accommodating and helpful even after the end of a contract, which is something I have greatly appreciated. Touchpoint Digital are proactive in bringing new ideas, trends and innovations to the attention of clients and their knowledge of digital marketing in HE are second to none.
I have worked with Touchpoint Digital for almost 3 years supporting SAE Institute on a number of digital and print campaigns. The team are professional, responsive and always on top of the latest trends/tech to enhance our marketing campaigns.